Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:35 AM
bonanza
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Champeen07 View Post
I'll just provide a few inputs I guess. Morale is pretty good. Its worse on the captain side because they have to fly more, cant drop trips etc. But the company is very stable, don't really have to worry about losing a bunch of flying and being shown the door like some other regionals.

If you're on the CRJ, reserve time will be minimal. DFW and ATL have the longest reserve times, but still no more than 5 months after IOE. Any other junior base will be reserve maybe a month or two. You can fly a lot and upgrade relatively quickly if you want, around 18 months from DOH. If you don't want to upgrade, it takes about a year to get trips that are really good. But the trips before then still aren't terrible. After that you get to start picking the best trips because of many upgrades so your seniority moves quick.

Cant speak for the ERJ side.

I would say overall, if you live in base, or close with a 1 hour commute to a juniorish base, Skywest is pretty good. You can fly a lot, upgrade quick, then fly a lot and move on. Lots of Skywest pilots moving on right now. Almost all of the crews are pretty cool and we stay at a mix of really nice, to pretty nice hotels. A couple outlier crappy hotels that hopefully they are working on, but that's rare.

No regerts here. I'm sure there are regionals with better work rules on some things, but Skywest is pretty dang stable and easy to just show up and go with the flow and get the job done and go home.
Very well said.. I have been here two years and very happy with my choice.