Thread: Den 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 08:43 AM
amberdash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
DEN base......DEN has always been a disaster for RAH.

i took a job at RAH for the DEN base flying 170s to Mexico for Frontier, seemed like a lot of fun. After 2 months of driving to work Frontier went bankrupt and DEN closed.

fast forward to buying Frontier and a 190 base opening. Guess who couldn’t get it? I was involuntarily displaced to Shuttle out of seniority order when DEN closed. So now I can’t bid DEN because not allowed to lateral. So I spend my time commuting to ORD while junior pilots drive to work.

BUT that’s ok!! I got Q400 CA and there’s a DEN base! But wait all the Lynx pilots will remain in DEN out of seniority order so you can commute to MCI......

no matter now as all the DEN bases are closed. DEN is like kryptonite to RAH and has failed every single time it has been tried.
Another part of the problem is Republic’s reliance on these massive outstation maintenance hubs in the northeast. 3 of them being in like 300 square miles of each other, it’s ridiculous. You can’t consistently fly west without a larger maintenance presence outside the northeast corridor.

At the end of the day Republic will never be anything more than a northeast regional. Bedford said it himself.