View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by RNAV2GRITZ View Post
As the title says, I should hit ATP mins in less than a year and I am able to move anywhere for the best opportunity at the regional level.

My priorities are:
1) Live in base
2) 121 TPIC asap/minimal reserve time as FO
3) Pay
Mid 20s, 4 year degree, no training failures, clean driving/legal record. Goal for the time being is to get competitive for the legacies asap.

I have a few front runners (SKYW ORD, RPA BOS, etc) but wanted to get some feedback from the masses as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you have a plan. Which legacy do you want to work for and do you have any desire to live someplace down the road? Also, racing to get competitive for the legacies is great, just know there are thousands ahead of you that have been doing the same thing. It probably won't be 1000TPIC and gone, although who knows, the next few years are going to be interesting.

With that, DFW seems to be a good place to live long term so any of the AA carriers that have bases there, namely Envoy and Skywest. Granted it can be middle of the pack seniority wise so know you will have some time on reserve there. New York is always going to have bases and will usually be junior, however its that way for a reason. Most people dont won't to live there very long. If you want to live on the west coast, Skywest is your best bet as they have bases scattered all over the place.