Thread: JetBlue vs UPS
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 PM
fightandflight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Perspective from a relatively new Z FO - seniority moves much slower on the Z, so those trips you want are probably several years out....but, even being very junior I have had a lot of luck getting those trips through trades, VTOs, and VTORs - and they almost always start from PHL or EWR. My point is that staying in your current situation will probably be fine, and if you jump ship you potentially face years where you wonder if you made the right choice (although not from a money/benefit perspective), but if you power through the short term I think the upside is well worth it....and soon enough, you’ll be on your 6th week of vacation about to start a trip that begins and ends with an SDF-PHL DH wondering how you got so much money in your B plan. If you were at a legacy carrier I might give different advice because there are so many uncertainties in this business and I think at some point you just pick your horse, but given the choice you may have, the upside at UPS is so much more. Good luck. The opinions expressed in this post are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of APC or its very vocal anti Cargo contingent.