View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:35 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Hawk739 View Post
C-12 is a Super King air 350
Yes, I know, I've been in the mil for over 30 years.

As far as the airlines are concerned C-12 time will obviously count towards your FW total, and it's also mil time FW time. But you probably won't be getting a legacy job with 1500 C-12 hours, it's not an F-15 and you didn't do a FW UPT.

Those of us who pay attention have noted the USN/USAF RW pilots have a smoother path to the top majors than USA RW. It appears that the discriminator (aside from possible cultural factors) is FW UPT... all USN/USAF pilots attend that prior to RW training.

Your career progression may resemble a civilian regional pilot... you'll definitely get extra credit for mil wings and mil FW time, but it's probably not going to allow you to bypass regionals. Assume you'll need about 3,000+ FW between mil and regional, and as much PIC as you can get at either job. But anything's possible, definitely apply everywhere you'd like to go and keep your apps updated as soon as meet their respective mins.

Remember, the "baseline" mil pilot coming off active duty after ten years has at least 1,000 TPIC (fighter time is all PIC, others upgrade during their AD). As a reserve/guard baby, you're kind of in a strange place.

You can also try bumming for time vice hitting the regional hard, but a 121 upgrade is a nice box to check... I'd do that when it's available.