View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 10:12 AM
DNicolas
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
Rickair.....your advice couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe ten years ago, but today Army rw guys with C12 time are all over the place. I'd say United, AA, JB, Alaska, Frontier snap up Army fw guys.
I agree he needs more time, just as an AF fw/upt pilot would, but I think it helps round out his application and potentially get his packet more points.
I was an Apache Driver. I got on w UAL with Army C-12 and Mil Contract King Air time. Little more than 1500 hours I suppose.

I’d say the new guy couldn’t be in a better position to progress. It’ll just take some time to build his hours. He will be exposed to some of the stickiest and best flying standards out there by entering the Army’s FWMEQC. I fly with guys from all the Services. OMG. You Army guys, be proud of your training.....it’s top notch. Trust me.

Getting a gig w a regional will most certainly help speed up the process....building time and relevant experience would be the icing on the cake. But, you absolutely can go from “only” Army C-12 (or any of their planes) directly to any Legacy.

Good luck!