View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 04:19 PM
LoFly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Aphineday View Post
For what it’s worth, I just interviewed on Wednesday. I thought the interview was exceptionally professional, and Ernie is one of the best in the business. I think that they do a good job of being straightforward in the interview, and they don’t try to sell you smoke and mirrors. I thought the questions were very fair, and mainly scenario-based. It was not some crazy witchhunt trying to throw you off with all sorts of trick questions or anything. They are looking for a quality people That they can mold into great captains. This is definitely a niche job, but if it fits your lifestyle, it’s probably a great job.
All three of us in my interview session were offered the job, and placed into a pool. They don’t have a hard date or even a guess yet, but it sounded like they were thinking before summer.
They've sent an update this morning: we hired a total of 195 pilots in the last 10 classes, from Aug 19 til now. Considering we just hit our 1000th pilot in the very last class, that's pretty good.
Hiring is expected to pick up again late summer/early fall. More accurate info expected in April/May.