View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 09:13 PM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Rickair7777, I’m not sure where to begin. So I’ll start with the fact that nowhere in my post do I even hint at a “horror movie” style scenario. Nor is that a scientific baseline. It’s rather disappointing to see someone just invent pure BS as a way of discrediting my argument here. Clearly not what I was suggesting.

perhaps the HIV virus could be cured one day, but unless you have a source, it has NOT been cured. Advances in medicine has provided so much to help reduce the spread and give the host a better longer life, but if you really know how to cure it as you state then please either show where HIV has been cured or provide your knowledge to the medical community.

HIV is not impossible to cure, it can be done with bone marrow transplants or by taking standard HIV meds for MANY decades (if you start at age 20, you might be cured by age 80-90).

I will agree that viruses are not evil with intent. That’s just silly. It has certainly been proven that viruses are subject to natural selection and will mutate at random and will replicate as possible.

I keep seeing this notion that the corona virus is not as deadly as the flu. Maybe and maybe not. We will not know the true figure until the dust settles. Personally I find it irresponsible for people to compare the 2 when not enough is known about the corona virus. The reason is it can be misleading to people and they will make decisions based on bad information. I would rather people not spout crap especially when there is life and death consequences (this is killing people remember?). Yes it’s possible for the flu to spread through you to someone who is compromised. However, since the real mortality rate won’t be known for some time let’s not risk spreading this.

Im not suggesting you stop living your life or that the economy should tank (yes that would be deadly). Rather I’m advocating for people to be educated, responsible, and carefully consider the consequences of their actions. We can argue about science trivia all night, but in the end, what we do now right or wrong will have an impact.