Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 01:28 PM
MCRN
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Toolman78 View Post
And what about the recent hires in sim training or, awaiting sim training? As mentioned on another thread, many of the sim instructors at Flt Safety and CAE are in the high risk category for this virus. How do you enforce social distancing in the sim environment?
Nail on head!

What's already happening at CAE and FSI is they are getting loads of cancellations from GA operators of all types. Some of these companies are also going to face the fact that as much as someone wants to work there, people are going to start voluntarily not coming to class vs. one having one postponed out from under them. I mean think about it? Airline, hotel room, uber/lyft in s major cities? You chance of exposure skyrockets. The prognostic outcome if you get the bug even if very positive if you aren't high risk for a severe case will not trump individual concern and fear.

I'll confess I have a class offer at the end of the month that I'm not likely to attend unless this miraculously changes course. Because at my age I feel its undue risk for me to travel. Not because I'm concerned with getting it, but because I have high concerns I'll wind up stuck in a major city possibly with no where to stay and no means of getting out or even quarantined.

That would suck big fat bovine testes.

And more to your point, who here hasn't picked up some crud from a sim before? Those things are incubation chambers for microbiological horribleness of all varieties!

Satirically speaking are they gonna have a NEST/CBNR defunking team disinfect them after each session? I dunno, maybe that's what they are doing but that won't stop infection in such close proximity to some carrying it. My pals all flying the line right now are all worried about where their cohort has been and with whom they've had contact.

I'm on the side of those screaming for the White House to just shut down everything except essential services for 30 days. More to save the economy than for any other reason. Strictly my opinion here but I'm of the view it's not very responsible for any operator to run a new hire class right now.