Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by MCRN View Post
True. Though, how they intend to move forwards with that class with Broward and Miami-Dade counties going into lock-down mode isn't seemingly being thought about. How will XO ensure attendees will A: Have uninterrupted accommodations, or B: Meal availability for the duration? Answer: They can't!

I seriously doubt this class winds up going, but they've got 9 more days before those new hires have to head to the airport to fly down there. I'm guessing postponement is inevitable and probably coming before Wed of next week.

It's not just an FXE area logistics problem either, because on from there you've got the class going to 3 different aircraft type initials at 142 locations across the country and in some of those places getting a hotel room or a meal is already not happening.

Then there's the charter demand collapse that started yesterday, major ATC disruptions worsening and I'm hearing there are now FBOs not allowing crews to enter the building. Sustaining private passenger aviation operations on a scale of XO Jet is getting more and more difficult by the hour. We are a near certainty now heading towards a national airspace closure except critical flight ops, cargo and medical related flights. Just the sheer economic burden of continuing to operate is going to become too much for these hi overhead 91k and 135 companies.

By the end of next week the big wigs will be discussing furloughs if this doesn't turn around before then. I'll be happy to find out I'm wrong, but the chances this class happens is slim to none IMHO.
I can't argue with any of this, I was surprised to get the call myself, with United telling 1/3 of their pilots to take April off with 2/3 pay and all new hire classes cnx at all majors. American may go into bankruptcy in two weeks. I was surprised but I think they may want to just get people on the payroll as they are pretty desperate for pilots???? I can see showing for a day and being sent home?
As I have told all these 20+ year olds who fly in my reserve unit who say "I'm at Delta, I got nothing to worry about", I say "it can all go away in a day" so stay in the unit, now their all begging for reserve days. Best pilot insurance out there!