Thread: Concessions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
You guys look like a bunch of amateurs. Management isn’t going to come directly to the pilots at this time looking for direct concessions of any kind. They’re all trying to get bailouts. The optics on that look awful. They are most likely negotiating for Leaves if Absence, reduced flying lines, etc...

If this turns out to be an extended downturn then yes, the tune will change and I’d expect them to come looking for concessions. Being cheap will be important. For now, no. We aren’t quite there yet.
I believe this is correct.

Obviously, if this thing goes on for a year or more then yes the company will probably ask for concessions. But I think all the airlines are in a wait and see state right now. Most of the CEOs have even put out statements thinking this will only last a few months. What’s the point in asking for concessions now, when in a few months it’s very possible that hiring will be ramped right back up to where it was a few weeks ago and every new hire has options again? There’s no point even from a management perspective.

Come back to this thread near the end of May or middle of June and if improvements still don’t look likely anytime soon... then you might need to worry. For now, I don’t think management will ask for concessions anytime soon.