View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 06:14 AM
whydididoit
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2019
Position: CA E145

Originally Posted by Fr8Master View Post
A “grant” is free money. How about a loan or a government takeover similar to the auto industry’s position in GM and Chrysler? Tax revenue would exist anyway, that is for funding ATC, FAA etc...not for “repaying” a “grant.”

Are the taxpayers supposed to bail out this industry every 10-15 years? Why not bail out the coal industry? Why not bail out the restaurant industry or the commercial real estate industry?

American spent over $12 billion on stock buybacks to pump up the share price (does nothing to help the business grow or achieve resiliency). And now you want to give them free money!? That’s like my son spending all of his money partying all weekend then wanting money for gas so he can get to where he needs to go. Nope, no free gas money. Either walk or I’ll give you a loan with terms favorable to me.

How come Southwest is able to stave off bankruptcy during each downtown? Steady leadership and an eye toward building a resilient business. It helps they their CEO doesn’t look like a drunk used car salesman too I suppose.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/03/2...-industry.html

THIS