Old 03-25-2020, 07:48 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Phil Laschio View Post
4 day trip. 3 different FOs, all coughing, wheezing, throat clearing, nasal drip. Awesome. I’m not a doctor but they seemed sick to me. I straight up asked them... are you fit to fly? Yeah, yeah fine. But when you offer a first year pay guy 200% what did we expect?
Write a safety report that pilots are incentivized to fly sick and that you just flew with sick people. Write to the FAA stating the same and that it's a systemic problem. The more times you get it written into a report, the more times you can do a FOIA request. Eventually ALPA or someone will get around to using those reports to build a case against airlines and the FAA for incentivizing sick flyers. Also, if you feel affected by it after the flight, file a post-flight fatigue report specifically noting the sick pilot and its detrimental performance impacting effects on you (one of which was feeling tired, out of it, not mentally alert, etc... everything that goes along with catching something). If you want to win against people who fly sick, you have to win with paper cuts.