View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 10:40 AM
paulcg77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A shack in Kailua

Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
You do realize the US is barely testing and really didn't even scratch the surface with tests for months (and STILL not testing asymptomatic people), so we are also by default underreporting and have been throughout. The testing is probably 99% of the reason why Germany and S. Korea have been a great deal further ahead of their problem.
I do realize that, but with respect, what does that have to do with China intentionally underreporting? Are you saying the US has intentionally avoided testing and/or is under reporting for the purpose of misleading the public/world similar to the US intelligence community's allegations of China?

The US was behind the curve on testing, no doubt. I've been saying since January that we need to take this more seriously in every way, including producing test kits, testing the population, repurposing industrial capacity to produce medical supplies, etc... But there's a difference between underreporting as a result of under testing because you don't take the threat seriously or don't have the infrastructure to test, versus intentionally withholding reporting statistics in order to save face and not enrage the domestic populace that your power and legitimacy are predicated upon. Apples to oranges in my mind.