View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 01:43 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Ranger

Passover pay hasn't been paid in the past until you (the passed over pilot) complete quals in the airplane you were passed over for. First thing- you have to bid and be able to hold the seat you were passed over for. Once the junior guy checks out (fully line qualed) the passover pay clock begins. When you finally get a training date and get yourself qualed, they cut you a check. That's how it worked when I checked out as a captain a few years ago. They cut my check (after some discussion of when my pass over clock should have started) as soon as I took my company qual ride.
Since the Pay Only Passover Adjustment LOA was ratified, the procedure changed. (Yes, I know, the LOA is not readily available for viewing.)

If you bid a seat and are awarded the seat, and a junior crewmember who also bid that seat on the same vacancy posting is activated into that seat, you will begin receiving (not just accruing credit for) Passover Pay for that seat. Simply stated, the Passover Pay is the difference between what you're making in the seat you currently hold and what you would be making were you presently activated in the seat you were awarded.

- The truth only hurts if it should -