Thread: Good Spot
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 08:25 AM
pangolin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by avi8tor614 View Post
I am not sure, lot of this is grey area, our union does know that the money received is supposed to be allocated to our minimum guarantee rate for us and the FA’s. The ALPA national rep that called me from DC did say Mesa can ask us to take less. Why would my union ask me to take a cut knowing full well Uncle Sam has guaranteed my min till September. The only way I would do that is if the Union said no furloughs or lay-offs for an extended period of time. Meaning Mesa would try to stretch the funds given to us for more months like an extra 6 or something until the market can fully recover. Write your local senators and congressmen and ALPA National to find out some of the details and intricacies of this bill. Things are still being mapped out. I just wanted to be ahead of the game just in case our wonderful union or Mesa management dilutes the real information. So to answer your question it sounds like to “ME” they can pocket the money or stretch it for payroll purposes.
I know this might stir the pot but with the flying reduction by our partners it’s going to be next to impossible to create efficient pairings that even come close to 76 hour lines. The company can last longer if we accept reduced credit lines.

I’m not Advocating either way. Just stating some reality.