Thread: Good Spot
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:08 AM
avi8tor614
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

When you become financially unstable, what do you do? You assess the situation. You have to figure out a way to cover your bills, expenditures and any other responsibilities you may have financially. Normal people go to their savings, HELOCS, loans or any other assets you may have. Our airlines as far as payroll does not have to touch their assets, bank accounts, or savings whatever you want to call it for “payroll”. As far as the loans they (Airlines) may take out to cover other expenses like MX, airport fees and other items outside of payroll. Delta for example gets to sit on their 64 billion dollars in the bank. The airlines bean counter or any bean counter for that fact will try to protect that. The money in the bank. Why I say Mesa is in good positions let me explain a little. If “anyone” thinks this bailout is about saving jobs they have been misdirected by the magician. This bailout was never about jobs. It is about how these businesses will recoup these losses in these next two maybe three fiscal quarters. October 1, 2020 there will be layoffs and furloughs. I hope I’m wrong. Regionals for “now” are not for now going away. I know mainline wishes it would and I do to; to some degree but for now they are not. Mesa like Skywest we own a good portion of our aircraft. UA and AA don’t have to pay our leases on a lot of our aircraft, or leases for our buildings like some of the wholly owned does. I’m not saying we won’t furlough or get smaller. We probably will who knows. We are not going bye bye. Activities in certain departments here starting to ramp up to my surprise. Recruiting to give an example are starting Interviews again. I don’t know why or how. They know something we don’t know I guess. For the foreseeable future regionals are needed, it’s just a matter of who will be around after all this.