View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:17 AM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
I don't know how many we'd get, but I know for sure, I would bid SILs for every month they offered them. 55 hours to have zero obligations and May/June off...sign me up! I've got plenty of things I could get into, even with all this BS going on. For me, it's worth the loss of 17 hours to not be on the leash. Heck, I might even pick up a month of orders, which would pay the same as my SIL.

If the company would step down from their ivory tower about MLOA, and extend their USERRA exemption out to 1-2 years, they'd get a lot more guys willing to jump on orders. Based on their past stance on MLOA, I don't see it happening.

Clearly they're not that serious about this. Once their fear of liquidation outweighs their fear of unions, then I'll start to believe they're taking this seriously.
you would think they would be all over guys taking MLOA right now. only cost is 16% to 401k, much cheaper than paying res gaurentee or a SIL.

BTW is the 5 year USSERA limit cumulative or does it reset every time you return from Mil leave?