View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 09:27 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
They, obviously, will park the jets for now.........where this might become a factor is on the recovery side of the equation. I see this as heads up to the Company that we are watching this and don't try to pull a fast one on the recovery side.
I agree.

I would add that on this issue there can be no relief. We cannot stand for a post 9-11 style model of using large RJ's as mainline replacements with outsourced pilots while our pilots are on the streets. This gives us 35 parked which will reduce downward pressure on our list. The company has numerous avenues of relief from this and enormous flexibility in how to handle it. They really have no rational means to cry about this.

They can park the jets permanently and use mainline for that lift.

They can put at least 35 large RJ's at mainline from current and future seniority list pilots IAW our existing CBA.

They can start up another wholly owned and flow 500ish furloughed mainline pilots there until they are needed back at the mainline.

They can negotiate with an existing regional to allow 500ish furloughed DL pilots to come to the top of their list for the duration of the need for them to be furloughed exists, and in exchange they would get to keep the 35 large RJ's and those positions on the recovery side.

That is an enormous zone of flexibility for the company. However its crucial to note that they will be required to park the 35 large RJ's, permanently, until and unless another flow down program is in force somewhere, regardless of furloughs or not. That's the deal, and that's the only reason those additional 35 outsourced large RJ's ever existed in the first place.