View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:31 AM
ReadOnly7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
might want to check your numbers. Expressjet was sold for $70 million, United has difference in revenue of -$100m per day. (A difference in revenue is not the actual amount lost which is unknown.) in q1 2019 they made 9.6b in rev and and 292m in profit which is about 105m and 3.2m a day. Or about 102m a day in operating expenses. Right now they are taking in a lot less money but they have also cut expenses drastically. Their fuel bill has been cut in half along with a drastic cut in labor through temporary contracts and people taking various types of leave and reduced schedules. The cost of maintenance is also lower with a significant amount of birds grounded. Based on the fact they have cut over 60% of flights and reduced labor cost across the board short term I would bet they cut expenses somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% which would put their actual losses at around $35-45m a day. Still a lot but no where near the amount of lost revenue
I wasn’t really trying to armchair CFO the EXACT situation. The point is.....lots of money lost every day, which makes the “investment” in UAX “ownership” rather insignificant.....in the NEW big picture. Hopefully it all works out, but I’ve clung to false hope a LOT in this career, especially when I was stuck at XJT and denial was the driving force in most people’s minds.