View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 12:07 PM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Hay guys.. Interesting conversation!
Figured since I'm bored, I'd throw in a few items for thought.

As some (many?) of you know.. I had (have) it! One week in the hospital after I couldn't take care of myself at home (alone) anymore. Had blood in my tissues during my coughing fit. Best call I ever made, dialing 911!

But here are the new points of discussion.
My hospital, Local and State Governments have NO Policy to get me 'off' the list.. and more importantly, to get me on the recovered list. I kid you not.

United Corp Medical Dept has been on top of this (with me) since they learned about me being in the hospital. THEY have been great.. along with our CPO (EWR/Fabian & crew).
How do I come back to work? Most countries have some sort of 2 negative tests and you're good to go.
Not here... at least not in NJ. NO Guidance.

Am I still contagious? Can I give it to others?
(Anyone who has flown with me knows when I sneeze in the cockpit, I always say- hold on, another one coming! I sneeze twice due to dust! Always have, always will. I also cough occasionally due to dust)

I posted something on my local town FB Page. They listed the numbers of Positives. 41 as of last week. Told them I'm one of the 41..
How many have been tested and been shown to be negative (they have that info!)
Who knows how many are or were positive at home and never got tested?
And then.. the pot stirrer.. How do I get off the list and on to the recovered list.
They (give them credit) posted a reply both on their page.. and privately to me. Basically they have no guidance from the state!

Also, and this one concerns ALL of us pilots-
I was told (before my positive test results) that my lung X Ray showed CV19 type lungs. Ok.
That is what prompted them to start me on the malaria pills (which worked for me, thank God!)
But I need/want another X Ray to see that my lungs have healed.

As ex military, those of you who were aircrew know we did the Altitude Chamber every so often. We work in a different environment than most people. What will I be like at 6000-8000ft cabin altitude?!
As it happens, I have my rescheduled LOE on the 3rd! So I'll have 2 clues-
1) when I fly out there and the cabin altitude is higher than NY/NJ.
B) when I'm walking around TK with the higher altitude

I WANT to come back! Too bored at home.. lol. But also need to know I am healthy to come back.

Just wanted to throw that out there~
Today I found out that a buddy of mine who is younger and was definitely healthier than me was just removed from his ventilator after 6 days! How the hell does that happen to him and I have a totally different experience?!
Paul "Tucker".. great dude, Delta Pilot, NYANG Pilot.
#TuckerTribe
https://www.gofundme.com/f/paul-tuck...-covid-support

Guys and gals.. Stay Healthy (as best you can) Stay Strong and Stay Well.
WE WILL OVERCOME THIS! Better days are ahead.

Always
Motch