Gets Weekends Off
fishforfun
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2011
  • Position
    Hoping for any position
Quote: So, what happens for the 2500 pilots that must retire in the next 3-4 years? What, if any, is the plan for them to be made whole?

additionally, most of those guys lived thru a bankruptcy and more importantly, the 10 years of substandard contracts...they did not get much "sympathy" from the soon to be furloughed for their "plight" at Delta. At least not from the vocal minority on these forums.

Before this gets off the rails, nobody owes me anything for past hardships at Delta....likewise I don't owe anybody anything for possible future hardships.....or turn the phrase 180 degrees and same same.
Everything is looked at through the lens of our own perspective. I appreciate that you being a different view for us youngsters to think about. There are solutions that hopefully benefit everyone on our list and the company.

I look at a scenario presented as loaning money to cousin Eddie. It’s not really a loan and we know it. You have to assume it’s never going to be paid back. If you are ok with giving that and likely not getting anything in return then you won’t be setup for a future disappointment.