View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 06:06 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by atooraya View Post
Yea... how’s that lawsuit against Saudi Arabia for 9/11 working out...
They are actually a close ally, makes that one harder. Also they are suing the government, which as a whole is not a rogue regime, not a designated terror supporter, and not know to actually support terrorism against the US.

Also I know enough about regional dynamics and politics to be confident that while plenty of saudi citizens have terroristic sympathies (same with the rest of the region), and some junior government and royal family members were sure to be involved with AQ, the senior family and government as a whole was most certainly not. They are in a precarious position over there, we are their best ally, and they know which side of their bread is buttered... AQ would have all the senior saudis swinging from lightpoles if they ever pulled off a coup over there.

Two junior royal family members were quickly identified as having links to AQ immediately after 9/11. One had an automobile "accident", the other a hunting "accident" within days. That was to save embarrassment of the family, vice a public trial and beheading.

The saudis have to publicly play to their people's populist ideas, which include extremism and terrorism. But behind closed doors they are solid allies. In fact you'd surprised how tight they are with Israel... the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and there's only one real enemy in that region. Shia and Sunni hate each other far more than they hate infidels.

Anything telling you otherwise is blogosphere tin-foil hat BS, kind of like the CIA blew up the twin towers after the planes hit them.