View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 09:33 AM
Sixty N Two
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: 737/FO

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
I noticed you didn't add Germany in you list..
They have had a pretty severe lockdown too. And just like the US, there are areas that got hit hard, and other areas (like the former East Germany) that have been mild.

I like numbers. Find them interesting. But a number only tells you a little bit of the answer without more info.
What is the average age of those countries population?
What does their health care system look like?
Those who died in those countries.. what was their age? Health status? Weight? Smokers or non smokers?

As I posted in another thread- At some point, someone will make the decision to re-open the economy.. Slowly and with limitations, but it will and must happen. It's simply a matter of numbers!
Keep it closed, x amount die.
Open it, and x + y amount die.
Keep in closed, z amount of small business file bankruptcy and unemployment goes to w
Start to re-open and z - u of small business survive and unemployment goes to w - u

The only unknowns are what is the value of x,y, z, w, and u.
And are we willing to accept those values.

What is the value of a human life? It always comes down to money and lets also be brutally honest, every human life has a different value.

I know, cold.. but true.
Hang in There
Motch
Ive been coming back to this thread mostly for your updates (don’t know you personally) and what you’re hearing from others as you had the front line experience. Please let us know how the X-ray looks and what you learn about future side effects and subsequent immunity. Thanks for the information and I understand yours is a small sample but it one piece of data I take for truth. Please take care of yourself, glad you’re on the mend.

PS all your calculations are true and I don’t envy those who have to sift through and analyze incomplete data sets to make the best possible choice. I’ll offer up prayers to what ever God(s) there are for guidance, wisdom, intuition, insight, etc... be given to any and all people in positions of authority to make those awful decisions. None of them are what I would call good.