Old 04-21-2020, 10:24 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Going forward: perhaps we could focus more on the factors that influence one outcome vs the other rather than defending opinions on what we may or may not do...?

I’ll lead off with the most obvious: we are currently experiencing a surge in business. What is this surge made of, will it last? AFAIK, the increase in volume is largely from FEMA / healthcare related stuff. I’ve heard freight and SCS increases contribute too but not sure how. I read somewhere that our regular, pre covid volume is down. Obviously once the healthcare system stabilizes so too will its volume demands.

Amazon volume: argument is people are forced to buy online with the isolation requirements and people will keep being fearful of going into public spaces until well after a vaccine or treatment is available = both good for us. These are counteracted by people, 1. Being more frugal, 2. Not having disposable income to buy non-necessities.

There is also the loss of belly space on the pax carriers that we heavily used which we must now haul ourselves. Good for our jobs but not so much for our business (costs more, less accessibility, takes up valuable volume on our birds).

Our big retirement wave is just about to begin. However, seems many guys are talking about putting off early retirement now...

Our business is directly tied to the health of the economy. I think we all know some very dark times lay ahead.