View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 12:44 PM
WhipWhitaker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Ursus arctos View Post
I know the loss of the Ravn group is tragic for numerous employees and their families, however I’d argue this could be the best solution for a failing airline. Maybe it’s time to liquidate and rebuild a new company under better leadership. Ravn had a monopoly in Alaska for large passenger turboprop operations which is a large and necessary niche. Yet they struggled to turn a profit... Ravn had decades of experience operating small planes in Alaska yet they had one of the worst safety records of all air carriers. I would love to see some of the other operators grow to take over the gaps in service. Ryan air, Bering, Wright’s... Maybe even a resurrection of Penair under previous ownership. It appears that Ravn was already failing financially before the virus. A public bailout for this company is not in the public interest.
Definitely agree to all, except allowing DS to run PenAir or any airline again. He already destroyed a great family owned airline. Ravn deserves to fail and the public shouldn’t be stuck with the bill. JT and MH ran it for years making money hand over fist. I hope my friends there find other employment quickly.