View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 03:53 PM
rdneckpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: pilot

Originally Posted by DonConsult67 View Post
Different situation here. Several applicants did not initially disclose their current, and active, employment to us. When we found out through the standard background checks, these applicants gave us the lines in my initial post.
I have no doubt they would be great employees.
Our concern is interfering with their current contracts, agreements, union, GOM's, and whatever internal policies enacted because of COVID-19.
So, notwithstanding the fact we felt initially deceived, before we do anything, lest we get sued for some bizarre employment tort, we wanted to find out what the policy(ies) are, and whether moonlighting employment was permitted in the current environment.
If they work at PSA and don’t have the Chief pilots approval they are violating company policy and the collective bargaining agreement. I don’t believe you or your company would have any liability in the matter but I’m not a lawyer. I think the worst case would be your new hire would be fired by PSA if they figured it out.

They don’t want you to contact PSA because they most likely don’t have the chiefs approval.