Thread: 175's are done
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 12:42 AM
avi8tor614
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by BRJPilot View Post
How good is your position going forward if UAL takes back the 175s they own?
Hey man, UA management could take their toys and flying back at any moment. I don't disagree with this argument. I do understand that Mesa just signed an agreement with United for the next 8 years I believe. So a breach in contract would be pretty expensive to UA management. They could and might opt for this option I don't know. UA management sole purpose is to run a business and make money to be profitable do we agree here?
Now to what you posted that header says what: "Air Line Pilots Association, International" These group of people do what. They are the Union that represents a wonderful pilot group that work under UA management. Their purpose; to negotiate wages, work rules, and job protections. They have NO SAY in where aircraft go when it comes to FFD companies. They are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing trying to protect their work group. I am onboard with that.
Now back to UA management. It will cost a lot of money to train and pay UA mainline pilots to fly the beloved E-175 plus it will cost them a fortune to breach the contracts with their respected sharecode partners. Now it could happen, who knows. If you were a business man. What would you do? Work with the Union and try to get jobs back to your employees knowing it will cost you big time, OR keep the cheap labor around that represents your brand and produces the desired outcome which is make money and be profitable. I expect their union to come up with all types of ideas that's what they are paid to do. I look at the endgame. UA management runs this show and my job, your job and the beloved union's job rest in UA managements hands.
My position as of right now? I'm betting on management saving money and as much as no mainliner wants to hear this. It's always about profits in the endgame not about whose jobs gets saved or who flies what. UA management does not care who flies what. They care about money, profits, shareholders, ect. They don't care who flies the 175 with their logo on the side. The unions want you to think that UA management cares, they don't. Those are union deceptions, mine included.