Old 05-09-2020, 11:40 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by BKbigfish View Post
You’re correct... consumer confidence should have never been lost in the first place (or at least to the degree that it has been). Trump bungled the response. Plain and simple. You can blame the media, you can blame the “libtards”, you can blame whoever the hell you want. The fact is Trump was in charge and he let this thing spiral out of control. Trump’s misdirection and thumb twiddling are what created the power vacuum that led to individual states having to devise their own responses. So here we are, almost 4 months after the first known COVID case in the US, still floundering about with a piecemeal, ineffective, state-by-state response to a national crises which has left the entire country divided and confused. I know, I know... “but he shut down travel from China (which he really didn’t) and then all the mean nasty liberals were super mean to him and called his policies racist.” When you’re the leader of the free world the buck stops with you, that’s the deal. You don’t get to blame everybody else.
Blame Trump for a global viral pandemic, that's the liberal left today. Trump did and has done about what could have been expected for how prepared this nation was for a pandemic. From the looks of it, no western country was prepared for a global viral outbreak. Jan 14th WHO told the world there were no known animal to human spread from Covid19. 45 days later this was a global pandemic. Now we know the first cases were already arriving in December and spreading it. Trump can't order states to shut down and that decision was up to each individual state. Liberals are losing their minds, frankly I think we've actually done a good job in this country so far. 75k dead sucks but what other country in the world is like ours with our land size, individual states, demographics, and general unhealthiness (way too much fat, diabetes, hypertension, heart issues). It could have been far worse. And now many medical facilities are empty and laying off medical personnel.

There probably will not be a vaccine. Unless Covid just goes away on its own, you're probably gonna get sick. And statistically speaking you're highly likely to live. The sooner Americans can mentally accept, the sooner they can all move on.