Old 05-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Cosmo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Furloughed Desk Jocky
Default 70.0%, take E-SRL or 737FO Reserve QOL vs pay

To start: I was furloughed in 2008 and remain hopeful that we keep as many off the streets as possible. The threat line seems to be drawn at 30% (which is exactly where I sit) and I'd like the groups insights to best pay /QOL predicted options. No crystal balls here I get it....just looking for what your best Vegas bet would be.

Assumptions: DCA based 777 displaced to 737.

With furloughs on the horizon, a displacement bid which put 1/3 of the company on NB...I'm really struggling with what option to exercise
a) Take the E-SRL, enjoy 777 12 yr FO pay at 60 hrs over 4 months and 1 month at zero (48 hrs per month averaged)
- Is the E-SRL pay rate my current rate or the rate of what the bid places me at (737)
- Seems like this would extend training to Nov and probably could eek out 777 pay thru Dec if I'm pay protected that long

b) Take the 737 displacement, wait for training and enjoy 777 12 yr FO pay until the latest the contract allows.
-- If I knew I was going to get furloughed, didn't have any other job lined up right away this seems like the no brainer. The company would not likely train you...so you'd spend the summer getting your stuff in order and enjoying QOL at home. If I expected furlough this is the best way to sock away the most amount of cash.
- will I remain DCA based is a huge question as well

The transparency on training isn't there and it makes all the difference. I have a feeling the company knows around what line number they are going to start to training in June which would be nice to know. If I get lucky and remain forecasted on property...and they elect to send me to train on the 737 in June that could make for a very painful summer. I'm guessing I'll have the most recent landings and be the guy called on reserve (potentially commuting if I can't hold DCA 737).

Any insights or opinions are appreciated.