View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 08:30 AM
OpMidClimax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I was actually quite surprised to see Sorrento Theuraputics make these statements out of the blue today....

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...hting-covid-19

Looks simpler and quicker to validate and trial then a vaccine. If it works like they think it does, it would provide a quick OVID cure, plus it could be used to confer temporary immunity (weeks? months?) to healthy people to allow them to circulate freely in society.

Suprising PR release.. i don't know this company at all. I see they bought a GMP contract manufacturing facility but I can't find any products that they have an approved NDA for? I see they have some planned INDs. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere.

Looks like it was a preclinical study, in vitro. Or was animal dosing done? I can't find anything from what I read with data. Maybe something more detailed out there.

A lot has changed in monoclonal antibodies, but they still take forever to develop. Computer modeling and Carc/Tox studies being done virtually reduce time quite a bit. You never know what an antibody does until gets into the human body though. Fingers crossed....