Thread: Delta Memo
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:53 AM
Flying101
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by DoggiePoo View Post
You amuse me. Your assumptions show just how correct I am about your lack of knowledge in airline history and bankruptcy. The cyclical nature of the business. How easily affected your job is during an economic downturn. Your math assumes I am, and, always have been a pilot. Bob Crandall used to say "Pilots always think they are the smartest people in the room, and they will tell you so" This is why so many of you end up in bankruptcy and divorce. When an old timer is giving you advice, you get on these boards and tell each other how smart you are and how you know how to fix everything. You never learn. Your company is going to use you all as pawns against each other. They did it when you had a "B" scale and you sold out your own. They did it again when they took the USAir pilots and pit you against each other. If you do not look at the downsizing of UAL & DL and assume you are going to be hit just as hard, if not harder given AA financial position you are absolutely unrealistic. If you don't think you and your regionals are going to be pit against each other, no advice can help you. As a suggestion for those that survive this. I suggest you live modestly on about 100 grand a year or less. Make sure if you get married you always have a spouse that has a career of her own so that person can support the family when you 1) go on strike 2) take a pay cut 3) lose that job. Don't ever ever marry a person that works for the same company. If you actually believe that your flying skills are transferable to the outside job market (which is now decimated) at 350K$+ a year, again you need a dose of reality and it is surely coming.

"If the pilots were in charge, Columbus would still be in port. They believe the assertion the world is flat." Bob Crandall
Simple question.. Why are you on a pilot forum, ESPECIALLY if you’re not a pilot? I’m pretty sure most of us know exactly how the airline industry works. If you’ve been in this industry for 10-15 years you’ve seen the cycle..you’ve experienced the lows and highs. Perhaps you should take your “wisdom” to a regional forum... most of those pilots have not seen the downside. Give it a break man, you’re 60+ years old and wasting your time on a forum rather then with your family.