Old 05-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Phins2right
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: Gummed

Originally Posted by Cogf16 View Post
Sorry if I'm spamming here with a similar thread, but I'm looking to make an informed "guess" on my MD bid coming up. I live an hour from DTW, have been on the ER for 15 years and am a senior (1100) captain 4 tears from retirement. Just looking for any info or guesses on how ER and -400 flying/seniority will shake out on this bid. I'm torn between commuting or switching airplanes. I love the 75/76 and the variety of dom and intl flying. Not crazy about all intl (330, 350, -400), airbus in general and the 737!

So I'm leaning towards staying on the ER or bidding the -400 and commuting to ATL or JFK. Any ideas what these 2 jets trips will look like? Would prefer longer trips 6-12 day trips to cut down commutes but also like high time domestic 4-5 day trips.
Or I bid to stay in DTW and go big or smaller 330 or 737. However, the 330 category maybe very small(39 Capts possibly) and senior due to 350 shrinkage. Or the 737 and all it's downsides.....

I understand there is a LCA meeting tomorrow and maybe some good intel will come out of that.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I've already "asked the question" but that was more 330 centric. Just think I want to stay on the 75/76
I think you answered your own question.
Stay on the 75/76. Don't think that plane is going anywhere in your 4 years remaining. Last time I checked, before the insanity known as the world shutdown for flu, NYC had better trips than ATL did on the ER. How that shakes out after this IDK. Probably not change much. NYC 75 INTL was doing Bogota, DUB, KEF, LIS, GLA, Caribbean, DSS, and a few others I am missing. Most of the NYC 76 flying was going back to the 765 and then 330. Most of the domestic trips appear to have been transcons.

The commute is probably the long pole in the tent. I think most of the DTW-JFK/LGA are on regionals?? Maybe a DTW to JFK commuter can chime in. DTW to ATL would be mostly mainline.

I'd say stick to the 75/76 and enjoy the ride Captain.