Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:55 PM
Jlgrieco
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by calmak View Post
I agree! Bringing it to the OP attention is good advice, but you dont have to be condescending about it. There's a way to do it and still encourage the guy.

Intimidated/nervous...honestly what's the difference come checkride time, you're more than likely experiencing both along with some excitement. I have 8 type ratings, and I've been intimidated/nervous for every single one, not to mention all the recurrent I've been through. I know I was well prepared, but I questioned myself before the checkride. So when the OP said he was intimidated, I took it as he was nervous.

So my point is why discourage someone because they're intimidated about a checkride? Why not encourage, and still get you message across...it's not easy. Intial training can be tough if you dont put in the time.

thanks for the encouragement!

Ive got a lot invested in this not failing, I don’t lack motivation, but I want to do this efficiently if I can. Im not trying to sneak around a step in the food chain, but if there is an opening to do any number of options, why not explore them. I quit my part 91 dispatcher job to pursue flying because watching everyone fly around me day in and day out as I most sat behind a desk, made me know I had to go for it myself. I’ve got 3 kids and my husband works from home, so I feel I’m incredibly lucky to get this chance at 36 with a VERY understanding family.
I just want to be as prepared as possible if I’m going to get my CFI and my school has provided very weak classroom support and checkride support. That is definitely giving me anxiety. I was pricing out an American flyers 30 cfi/cfii course but it’s $6900 (I have friends to stay with so that’s a savings) but then the checkride fees add up to a total of 9k. And I’m hitting a point where if I can stop the bleeding I owe it to my family to try.