View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by Slatsextend View Post
Absolutely get rid of 4A2B which was the clause in the CBA that allowed the company to pick winners and losers, and I mean losers ............. There was some airframes getting actually more like 50 hours BLG a month and others that were getting well over 120 hours BLG, it was totally unfair and uncalled for at a time when the company was still making profits, the big scare talk was that it prevented layoffs ............. I beg to differ, it caused great issues for those of us who had to go from making normal BLG money to nearly HALF of what was realized before the cuts .................. I remember at the ensuing Union meeting one of the MEC Officers standing in front of the peer group telling us how he was not being affected, he was one of the lucky ones making the 120 plus hours BLG while others of us were making 50 hours ................. Very arrogant and he was quickly put in place by one of the brothers that stood up and told him he needed to be more sensitive to the group, and how lucky he was to be one of "chosen ones" to be making that kind of BLG. Get rid of it, makes no sense at all, 4A2B
There was a disparity in the bid packs for sure, but I think you may be misremembering the high side. Maybe there were some individual pilots on some fleets picking up and taking draft for 120 CH, but no bidpack had lines worth 120CH published.

I'd like to keep 4.a.2.b. (4.a.2.c. now) with its protections in place to prevent happening what happened then with the disparity and the triggers required to even enter it.

Originally Posted by Slatsextend View Post
... it caused great issues for those of us who had to go from making normal BLG money to nearly HALF of what was realized ...
Imagine the issues for those who would go from making normal BLG money to making 0 on furlough. I've been furloughed, it's not fun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone on our seniority list.