Old 05-24-2020, 06:44 AM
ApachePhil
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Default Early Out,Retirement,Furlough Negotiation

Apparently the polling has missed me.

RG mentioned approaching ALPA last week to present the Early Out program and that he opened dialogue in April regarding the way forward and reducing the size of the Air Line. While I don't believe much of what he says, the silence from ALPA has been deafening.

If called, I'd tell ALPA to negotiate/execute the following...

1. The company and Union would hold and not execute all letters of resignation until such time all furloughed pilots are offered recall.

2.. ALPA would immediately begin a 1% assessment to cover the COBRA for all involuntarily furloughed pilots that currently use DPMP.

3. ALPA have members vote for a 2% assessment to provide a stipend for all involuntarily furloughed pilots that are not on long term military orders for 6-12 months.

4. Delta and ALPA would offer a voluntary furlough from top down before involuntarily furloughing from the bottom up. This provision resides in nearly every other airline. This would allow a guy/gal to avoid a transcon commute to sit reserve, flying a lower paying airplane. These voluntary furloughs provide 1 for 1 job savings for junior pilots.

5. Delta provides positive space travel for displaced pilots, from their home, to work and at least unlimited S2 travel for pilots to travel home from work.

6. ALPA makes it abundantly clear that any concessions will only be achieved by court order during restructure hearings.

What would you tell DALPA when/if they call you?