View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 10:55 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by DavidSpeaks View Post
Extending a lockdown does not mean endless lockdown. Either you are intentionally being misleading with your words or you don't know what endless means. I have yet to see anybody claim we should just be locked down from here on out.

That's actually my HUUUUGE issue with how all of this has played out. First it was flatten the curve for a few weeks, OK we don't know much about this yet so maybe that's conservative.

But then it turned into open-ended suspension of normal liberty... governors basically saying sit down, shut up, and lock down with no timeline and no objective standards for release. No plan, just compliance.

That leads me to believe that they have utterly no idea what to do, and are afraid to be the leaders they were elected to be and make tough calls, at risk of getting second guessed by technical experts in the medical field (who have little stake, and zero expertise, in the economy). What's the standard? No deaths? No infections? The societal catastrophe resulting from extended house arrest will create havoc, misery and death that will make COVID look like a head cold.

Or I'm even starting to wonder if they have an ulterior motive with the economy? The lack of communication and objective standards is alarming. Maybe they don't want goals and milestones because if they are met too soon they might miss their big opportunity?