View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:03 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Meep View Post
But, I don’t think they would let you go without even putting you on probation first. They might put a warning letter in your file but I find it hard to believe the first step is termination unless you did something really bad.
Yes, google "Progressive Discipline". If they did not start the "progressive discipline" process at the time of one of the previous offenses they cannot just go back and terminate you now.

In the white-collar world, people with a record like yours would be prime candidates for a layoff, but they obviously cannot do that in a seniority system.

They also almost certainly cannot start "progressive discipline" now unless your latest violation was fairly recent (I would guess within a few weeks). So in reality at a minimum they would need one more violation to trigger at least token progressive discipline, and then one more violation for termination. Even that might put them on thin ice, if they treated you much differently than other pilots in the past.

Sick calls alone would not put you over the top unless you had a lot of them.

All that said if you get into a situation that could go either way, your record will put them over the top in the wrong direction, so you probably need to keep your nose clean. Move to base if you need the job that badly.