Thread: Union Dues
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 09:36 AM
pipewrench
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Focusing on OTZ and/or MEA just isn’t the right direction. Even if you assume they are line pilots trying to do the “right thing” for pilots, they are still referencing managements view of the situation.

Let’s be honest, management does not have “our” interests in mind. I think we can all agree on that. Now we can ask ourselves, Is the management of Flight Ops competent? I’d say judging by the volume of demonstrable errors on their part in the wake of this pandemic it’s easy to question their competence. So you have corporate assets that don’t care about you or your contract and they are quite possibly incompetent...

Those number that OTZ post could absolutely be the “truth” that Flight Ops management sees. But have they explored innovative ways to solve these problems? Hell, they can’t execute a bid and it sounds like we a STILL waiting to actually negotiate early out options....

All Im saying is OTZ isn’t the problem, managements questionable competence is.
Im going to take a guess that most of you who are making the issue Union Vs. Management are missing the bigger picture. You probably are more concerned how your schedule will be affected. People in my position are seriously concerned about paying mortgages, medical and living expenses. There has been "0" information about furlough numbers from both union and management. The only credible numbers have been from 2 sources! I don't think I am the only person that is thinking about looking for another job at this point. A heads up would be "Doing the right thing"