View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by WutFace View Post
Way to shift the argument -- AGAIN. I thought we were talking about "how could they lie to us?!!" Which I answered, and you completely ignored.

And now we're talking about fantasyland where everyone gets a gasmask...
More bad-faith debate from Excargodog.
Nonsense AGAIN. You may believe the end justifies the means and have so little faith in your fellow citizens to think that autocratic rule and lies are acceptable. Perhaps even that self government by the masses - that democracy thing - is per se unreasonable. But I do not. and if I “completely ignored” your comment I was only treating it with the contempt it deserved.

As for the ‘everybody gets a gas mask’ comment I was only talking about the people on the front line, the medical personnel you were so worried about, and it is hardly a fantasy. I take it you’ve never been in the military? Or in the Guard or Reserve? Every single guy on mobility had a “C-bag“ with an M-17A1 (or later) gasmask, extra filters, three chemical warfare defense ensemble suits, and everything else necessary to operate in a chem or biological environment and trust me, if it’ll stop Sarin or VX it’ll stop a virus. That’s 2 million masks, sitting in storage.

Tapping those war readiness materials would have been preferable to starting this out with a lie. For that matter, they could have just followed the damn OPLANs.

https://www.jcs.mil/Portals/36/Docum...ubs/jp3_41.pdf

They always have to be revised, but they are a good place to start. It beats starting by losing credibility with the entire country.