Thread: Downgrade

Vernon Demerest , 06-22-2020 04:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2019
Quote: It WAS. Those U-hires appeared TWICE on the CAL proposed list. They appeared as CAL pilots (junior to Yost to make CAL look like a bigger pilot group) and AGAIN at the very bottom of the 3,000 United pilots that were stapled. As a friend of mine put it “CAL proposed stapling me behind myself”.

This was based on the mythical 2013 merger date. They also wanted all the post-merger hires as CAL because that’s the side they were flying on. A total cluster****.
Geez. I knew the proposal was a moonshot but didn’t remember the specifics. Most of the CAL pilots I know were a tad embarrassed by the proposal and the arguments being made by the arrogant merger committee chair (thought he knew it all having been a neutral on the US Air/ Am West SLI). In the end it is obvious who had the more realistic proposal as I ended up being almost exactly where UAL merger committee thought I should. Rear view mirror stuff at this point for me but understandable that with things moving backwards the old SLI hard feelings will surface here and there.