Old 06-25-2020, 07:57 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
Not to be block headed, but can anyone tell me specifically what the union is trying to achieve and what the company is trying to achieve?

Once I understand this,
I might have a follow up question(s)

Anyone care to take a stab at it?
I’ll take a stab at it. All of this is my opinion only of course.

I think the Company is trying to achieve a couple things. The first of which is cost savings. If the participation level is high enough there could be significant cost savings from less training, moving expenses etc. Second, from an optics point of view, if the participation level is high, it could seriously reduce the potential number of furloughs. Bottom line, the company is looking to save money. If that wasn’t possible then it would never agree to an ERP.

The Union? First, anything it can do to potentially reduce furloughs with voluntary programs, of which the ERP is one, would be a win. Second, with an ERP and associated lower training footprint, there is a big potential for the company to cancel “awards” from the MOAD and for more pilots to retain a higher paying position or remain in their current category.

This all depends on the participation level. To have this high participation level any ERP needs to be at least as good as AA’s and/or SWA’s.

Denny