View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:43 AM
VegasChris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Macchi30 View Post
I'm a cadet with PSA, and they sent out an email saying they are going to keep the program going. And they actually just mailed me a check with a few thousand dollars as part of my cadet bonus.

I just like to keep up with what other cadet programs are doing right now.
That's awesome.

Air Wisconsin told us to expect the program to end around Oct 1. They went from 4 recruiters to 1. Not sure how many of us are left in the program or what the cost of the program is to have us do software training once a month and 5 min phone call to the recruiter. We pay a couple hundred a year for the the UA flight benefits- so I don't think there is any cost to keep us on that. I am hoping they keep us as it can't cost much and if they survive this having a small pool of candidates would be good to have

Skywest has not said anything to those of us currently in the program. I can’t imagine us costing anything to skywest at this point, so why not just keep the pool and send us an email once a quarter to update what is going on.

Thats good news for PSA. I haven't heard anything from anyone at envoy or piedmont.

I don't know anyone with class dates elsewhere.

I am staying in my current career for the foreseeable future. It will be nice to have a "hire date" for skywest in 2019 if I don't start class until 2021 or 2022. Good seniority for the flight benefits and 401k contribution rates. Maybe I will accrue vacation way faster too (no idea when the first increase is) I am just trying to see anything positive at this point. Same thing for AirWis- but with what Kirby was saying about decreased 50 seat jets I am leaning towards carriers with the e175 now or crj7/9