Thread: Furloughs?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Silver02ex
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Mtnbikemike View Post
That’s a personal choice my friend. Not unilaterally imposed on anyone.
Imposed on everyone? explain to me how reducing our ALV makes any difference to reserves or those who bid min line value so they can work little as possible? For example, for July in LAS, our ALV is 74 hrs. If you reduced it down to 72 or 65, those credit hrs has to go somewhere else, which is other pilots. It then requires more lines and more reserve. By reducing the ALV you're woking less for less pay, which is why i brought up the example of VIL. You still get your guarantee of 72 hrs at a current rate even if your line valve is below 72. If you're not happy of 74 hrs for ALV (or whatever it is for that month). pick up a trip from IOT or DOT then. All that LOA is doing is taking those extra credit hrs and spreading it out, which require more staffing. Our historic ALV has been 78 ish and now it's around 74, and no one is complaining but, if we take it down and still keep guarantee pay and pay rates so it protect junior pilots, it's a concession?

I pulled this up from another thread that explains it, the only difference is our line holder and reserve guarantee is at 72 hrs.

Originally Posted by disenchantMINT View Post
I think there may be a misperception here that is important to clarify. At JetBlue, ALV is just that: Average Line Value. It has no bearing on anyone's minimum pay. Minimum pay is governed by the MMG, which is 70 for lineholders and 75 for reserves. They could drop the ALV to 20 and everyone would be paid 70 or 75. So if anyone is getting their panties in a wad over JB potentially dropping ALV, maybe some introspection on why a certain Air Line pilot group negotiated that a reserve gets paid based on ALV is in order instead of cries that JB is dragging down the industry.

Last edited by Silver02ex; 07-04-2020 at 10:23 AM.