View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 06:43 AM
Iceberg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by GucciBoy View Post
Is me taking a 45% pay cut a “top end QOL hit?” Sailingfun, the main forum advocate for ALV cuts, is proposing an LOA that cuts my pay 45% and his 17%. I don’t think that qualifies as a plan that saves jobs by cutting top-end QOL.
I think the idea is if there are more FOs because they were not furloughed they would need more CAs to fly with these still employed FOs. Therefore downgrades that happened prior to the VEOP and an ALV reduction to avoid furloughs could potentially reinstate to the vacated A seat. Unless of course the A seat was a very junior 88 and then that ship has probably sailed(fun) no matter what because those dogs appear to be very much gone.

Or perhaps, they reduce the ALV and it cuts your pay from your pre COVID highs and they still furlough and the dogs stay parked next to the 777s and whales and the next thing you know Delta is sold to a foreign airline and we get stapled to the bottom of that list but they only wanted the Delta name (because of the brand!) and so they furlough everyone except RG. Also, paper flight kits come back before the furloughs.