View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Skypilotsv1984
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Citation, left seat

Originally Posted by Broxis View Post
Semi drunk layover rant that I probably shouldn't post incoming:

Probably not even a hot take incoming but I still cant believe politics are involved in this. The facts are that public perception is all that matters. It doesn't matter if you for whatever reason think masks do nothing and it doesn't matter what science says about corona. The ACTUAL fact here for all of us airline workers, period, is that not wearing a mask is professional suicide right now. Just had a family member (again, doesn't matter if she was right or wrong) cancel a flight because she saw a pilot not wearing a mask in the terminal and therefore was scared the airline (not ours) wasn't taking it seriously. Stop killing off our jobs because of this professional suicide please. I respect everyone's political opinions, but if you are currently walking onto a plane without a mask know you are actively harming your fellow pilots careers.

Again, I don't intend this to be a political statement. Just one of many examples of what the general public thinks about the airline industry right now. If you think a minority think this way take your head out of the sand please and wake up. Put aside stupid pride or political views in favor of keeping us all employed. I'm honestly so mad right now that I even have to make this statement. Plenty of pilots smarter than me ought to have realized long ago that their own political views just don't matter when it comes to the reputation of the airline industry. Absolute insanity. Stop sabotaging fellow pilots with this vapid stupidity and keep it at the dinner table for now.

Again, sorry for the drunkpost but I stand by what I said. If you think masks are a problem you are bat**** crazy right now. Its such a minor inconvenience to wear one until you get into the cockpit and shut the door. What in the hell. We are looking at real furloughs because of people unwilling to wear masks causing a second wave this very second and its utterly insane. Rant over.
Are you also going to tell me that I have to wash my hands too? The government has no right to make me wash my hands after taking a dump!