View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Dakota
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by kc10/c130 View Post
Not to jump in on this but....
Yes, Really. I have almost been exclusively international for 25 years and only had one passport. Why would you want to keep up with two. Best advice, bid Reserve and then turn it in right before you start your R block. Tell scheduling you don't have a passport because you needed a new one. If you are a commuter, make sure you bid R 24. Works like a charm every time. Enjoy most of your month off.
Thanks for the input. Too late for reserve. Passport’s good, but no China VISA. Already have a trip at the end of the month. I’ve been trying to get my China VISA renewed since April. Chinese consulate wasn’t accepting applications for my State. Now they are. I need to get ‘er done now before they decide to shut things down again (not that I want to go to China, but it sure limits my bid). I’m just curious what happens to that trip? I will obviously be removed from the trip, but I’m wondering if it’s with or without pay. Never been in this situation before and the contract isn’t too clear. It addresses no VISAs but not the passport issue. Thanks for the replies.