View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 05:48 AM
njd1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

XJT pilots have been screwed more times than a 10 dollar streetwalker, but all it takes is one pilot group to give in to concessions to screw the entire industry.

While I'm at C5 and acknowledge I may be the short-term beneficiary of what I'm about to say, I must beg XJT pilots not to give in, even if it means XJT dies. You hold the future of the industry in your hands. If you capitulate, we will all eventually be forced to do the same. A rising tide floats all boats, as they say, but if the tide goes out we'll all run aground.

I left the industry due to pay and only came back because it had increased. And I'm fully willing to leave again before agreeing to any further pay cuts simply to send a message to the greedy c-levels who run this industry. I realize not everyone has the opportunities in other industries I do, but I do know that if pay goes back to what it was in the naughts you'll be better off working in any other industry. Sure, it won't be as fun, but what's the fun in making burger flipper wages taking the risks we do every day? I won't stand for it, and neither should you.