View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:30 AM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by RJSAviator76 View Post
Angry? Hardly. I’ve been truly having the time of my life. And my airline isn’t furloughing. Again, are you even a pilot?

Maybe you can explain this one to me, how do you get a positive test if you never get tested because you drove off because you simply didn’t have anymore time to waste sitting in your car while you were fine and never subsequently got sick? Does filling out paperwork make you test positive automatically? It seems to be the case, and not exactly isolated either.

Conversely, every ER admittance get tested for COVID-19 even with no symptoms or complaints of Covid. In other words, a traffic accident or a gun shot wound victim, or someone who got injured by being a “peaceful” protester all get tested and the test being incentivized to be positive (see previous paragraph), and suppose they die. By news media accounts, that’s another COVID-19 casualty which fuels Karen-like behavior. I won’t even go into “presumptive COVID-19” label being mixed in.

See, I was around during SARS, and then around various strains of H1N1 where similar number of people died. I was also in the Middle East for years when MERS was a thing. I also flew around West Africa during the most recent Ebola outbreak. Ebola was by far the scariest, but none of those events were politicized like this and we certainly didn’t act like a bunch of hypochondriac scaredy-cats. Not to mention the fact that the CDC and western governments were actively invited to help unlike this Wuhan special. We also didn’t financially or politically incentivize every positive test or death.

Let’s face it. This virus is serious. Not denying that. However, the reaction doesn’t warrant anything that was historically done in similar circumstances.

Most normal people can see it - partisan hacks cannot.

Don’t bother replying... I’m not interested.

You just have no idea about what you’re talking about, especially the first half of your post. Have you been tested? Sounds like you’re up in a cabin somewhere in the woods passing opinions on this matter far far away. As far as the second part, you can’t compare what Covid19 has done to the world with the other modern viruses. They didn’t spread like covid and have not done this level of damage.