View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:28 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by AU MD FLYER View Post
================================================== ===================================

So, it would appear that you applied for this job without doing your due diligence homework beforehand??? Why...

However, you were fortunate enough to get a phone interview with a company representative, and for some reason decided NOT to ask this same "home based" 18 days on. How does that work? Are you guys on the road for the 18 days? I live west coast, slc." question during the interview???

Actually, this very question was "asked and answered" by Smoothlanding in this very thread just a few pages back, but I guess some people just can't be bothered to do a little reading or research on a prospective employer.

Additionally, what do you know about Supplemental 121 / ACMI / Charter carriers and that type of schedule and lifestyle?

It is not for everyone, but it may work for you? If you are a good fit for this type of flying, then I sincerely hope that it works out for you.

It depends on many aspects, but I'll let Smoothlanding answer your additional forthcoming questions. For example, being a west coast pilot, you should ask if the duty day begins at 0001 Z on day 1? So, what time exactly would that be where you live? Therefore, it is very possible that you could be booked on a "red-eye" flight to position you to start your flight schedule. Coming home, you could be looking at a very long duty day as you DH back to your home base.

Again, I hope that it all works out for you, as I'm just trying to help you understand this type of flying.

AU
Wow... somebody needs a BM.